‘Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Miraj’ was established with the vision of providing qualitative
educational facilities to the girl students of Miraj City and villages nearby. The institution along
with the faculty takes efforts to achieve this vision. We are bound to avail exposure to our girl
students to participate actively in every curricular, extracurricular and extensive activities for their
development. The opportunity to higher education is possible to many Muslim students and
students from underprivileged classes.
1. Providing academic excellence:
- The college offers several programmes at the certificate, undergraduate and post-graduate
in Humanities and Social sciences, Commerce and Management.
- The college has qualified faculty.
- The college has excellent library with more than 25000 books and provide reading room
facility for students.
- Along with academics, college emphasizes on skill development, personality development
and language proficiency of the students.
- Seminars, Workshops and Webinars are organized to provide academic inputs to both
students and teachers.
- Eminent personalities are invited to guide on different issues, career and life skills.
2. Physical Development of the Students:
- The college has well-equipped gymkhana and a playground.
- The students are encouraged to participate in different zonal, University and State-level
- Daily practice and different sport activities help students to develop physical endurance,
team-spirit and punctuality among the students.
3. Curricular, Co-curricular and extracurricular activities:
- Literary and Film Club
- ‘Lezim’ training
- Study Tours / Visits
- German Language Certificate Course
- Wallpaper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Quiz Competition
4. Nurturing Social and Environmental Concern:
- We believe that only an empathetic and compassionate person can contribute to the
inclusive development of society.
- The statutory associations like NCC and NSS promotes social empowerment under these
platform extra-curricular activities are organized.
- Different programmes are organized to sensitize the students and staff towards
5. Student Welfare Schemes for Inclusive Development:
- The college offers many Endowment prizes for student for their achievements in university
- Different scheme is implemented for economically underprivileged students.
- Cycle Bank Scheme provides cycles to students for daily commuting.
- Krantijyoti Savitribai Phule Shikshan Sakashamikaran Yojana helps the financial deprived
students to continue higher education.
- Bus passes are also provided to the needy students under SA funds.
- Various government and non-government scholarships