B. Com. wing was started in 1983 at Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Miraj. The final year has specialization in the following three subjects. 1. Accountancy 2. Banking 3. Costing.
- Uphold standard of academic performance.
- Provide with quality education to students.
- Promote employment opportunities for students.
- Maintain collegiate work environment.
- Interact with the greater community
- Providing quality education to students for successful careers.
- Engaging them in scholarly activities and offer advance knowledge in the field of Commerce and Management.
- Providing service to the college and greater community.
Equity and Inclusion
Students enrolled in our department are mainly from deprived sections of society. They are mostly the first in their families to enrol for formal education. Considering this, we are committed to equity and inclusion.
Key features of the Department
- Get exposure to an in depth understanding and knowledge of the various fields of Commerce and Management
- Development of various skills in various spheres of Commerce and Management.
- Create awareness about recent trends in Commerce and Management
Table to be inserted
- To impart knowledge of business and commerce activities to the students of commerce faculty.
- To aware the students with recent trends in commerce and management world of modern era.
- To develop the potential among students for higher education, research and career placement.
- To guide to students to cope up with computerised accounting and e- business of developing economy through prescribed syllabus set by Shivaji University as well as through short term courses run by college.
- To start separate English Medium division for B. Com course.
- To start coaching for professional courses like- CA. CS. ICWA etc.
- To provide guidance for entrance exam of professional courses like- M B A, MCA etc.
- To Organise National or International conference of Commerce or Management on any recent theme.
- To Organise a job fair for Final year students of Commerce wing.
- To start a computerised Accounting diploma course for commerce students under MoU with Computer Institute.
- To start skill based short term courses for students.
- To motivate and prepare the students for Innovative Ideas to represent in "Avishkar Competition" on different Socio -economic issues.
- To start remedial classes for slow learner to improve result of UG and PG courses.